Stepping Into Fall! - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Stepping Into Fall!

This was the first week we've had of real, official fall weather and I was absolutely basking in it. I finally got to break out all of my recent fall jacketsscarves, and the most comfortable jeans I have ever owned...ever (more on that next week!)

I've been loving every minute of flipping through my sweater section of my closet...but I've somehow still managed to be running late every day because of one critical part of my outfit: shoes! I don't really think I started "loving" shoes until I graduated. I stuck to the basic styles and those worked for me, but now I feel like it's time to start investing and expanding my collection a little bit!

I have a couple of go-to ankle booties with heels that I wear to dinners, bars, and dressier events, but I don't have any that I can wear to work (which includes a considerable amount of walking, so a flat shoe is needed!)


I've pulled together all of my top picks this season (especially ones on sale) for every style: tall, over-the-knee, booties, wedged booties...can I just have all of the boots, please?! I've included picks for all budgets, because hello...new fall wardrobes are costly! (and so are those fall-flavored Starbucks drinks, although, no offense to the #PSL but I'm more into the Caramel Apple Spice, myself!

Top Row: One | Two | Three | Four
Bottom Row: Five | Six | Seven | Eight | Nine

As I've said before, I'm personally partial to the Bean Boot vs. Hunter Boots, but sometimes those feel a little too "winter" for early fall and spring rainshowers. I'm absolutely loving these Madewell booties to wear to work!




I don't think there is ever a shortage of amazing tall boots, so what I focus on more than anything is finding that perfect balance of price, quality, and comfort. Sometimes, those $80 boots are such a steal...but they may not last as long. When it comes to really nice, classic, high-quality boots, sometimes the investment really pays off. I received a pair of Frye Melissa Button Boots a few years ago, and to this day they look completely brand new. I suggest finding a pair that you love, will last for years, and making this your "splurge" item of the season!


Ankle booties in my opinion are always a little bit more fun to shop for. It seems like there are so many more varieties, styles, and little details to make them stand out. Plus, I always feel more inclined to try out different color varieties with ankle booties too...especially since they tend to be on the more affordable side!



Full disclosure - I still haven't been able to bite the bullet and buy myself over-the-knee boots, mostly because I would only want to purchase those in-person (and I tend to buy most of my shoes online), and partly because I'm convinced that the style just won't work for me considering I'm 5'10" with athletic legs...but someday I am really hoping I can find a pair that fits and that I love because I think the style is so. freaking. cute. 





Personally, all I'm waiting for at this point is for the temperatures to drop just a tad bit lower so I can start pairing all of my favorite fall boots with some of my favorite cozy boot socks!

Here are the other pieces I've been wearing lately now that fall has finally arrived! Shop the looks below:



post signature

12 comments

  1. Oh my gosh I love them all, I'm a bootaholic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm very quickly becoming one too!

      Delete
  2. I love all of these so much! Especially the ankle boots - I'm completely with you on that one, they are such fun to shop for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can't wait to add a few new and different ones to my collection this year!

      Delete
  3. I love boots so much and this like my favorite season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favorite too - so excited to have worn boots to work today!

      Delete
  4. I love boots so much!! I have a new pair from Cobb Hill that I am wearing today.

    Amber
    http://amusedblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of that, I will have to check it out!

      Delete
  5. OMG I love them all. You have a great sense of style! It's too bad that I can't wear high boots because of my height :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they so adorable?! If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you? I used to let my tall height interfere with certain types of shoes I wore, and now looking back I realize that I was being silly. I wore sandals out to bars and parties for THREE years in college and finally started wearing heels! I still look like a giant, but I've learned to just love it anyway. I'm sure tall boots would look great on you! If you're still not comfortable with it, the good news is that there are TONS of cute booties that you can rock instead!

      Delete
  6. Ahh love the ankle booties, I need to get some! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm finally shopping for a few new ones this weekend, I can't wait!

      Delete