The Perfect T-Shirt Dress - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

The Perfect T-Shirt Dress

I've been trying to focus really hard on spending as much time outdoors as possible while I still can, and this weird hot/cold Chicago weather has certainly been making it easy for me! We had so much fun last weekend exploring the city and parks last Sunday while Dalton was here (and of course, celebrating a big Cubs victory! Go Cubbies!)

We started the day with an early lunch at Bar Cocina, one of my favorite places down the street from my apartment. The atmosphere is so trendy and fun, and the patio is always busy. If you're ever in the area, I strongly recommend trying out a few of their tacos (especially the Mahi Mahi!)

I have to give Dalton a huge shout out here - photography is in no way a hobby or interest of his, nor is fashion or blogging, but he is always such a trooper when he is in town and puts up with my super-specific instructions and requests for help taking blog outfit pictures. He's actually been doing a pretty great job! Thanks Dalton :)

We grabbed some bikes and rode around the parks and I was totally in awe of how stunning Chicago is right now - the leaves, parks and lakeshore are just beautiful! While we were exploring the parks on our way to the Fall Festival at the Lincoln Park Zoo, we found a few cool new areas to snap some shots (although it was pretty hot that day, and I was definitely wearing a more summery outfit than I anticipated - I still found a way to incorporate the plaid though!)

Overall, it was a wonderful Sunday spent outside together, with a brief visit to see the animals and topped off with ice cream at my favorite spot - Oberweiss. If you haven't tried it yet, you absolutely have to go soon (before it's too cold!) I've been a Graeter's girl my entire life, but honestly nothing tops Oberweiss. 

Scroll down for details on my outfit that has been my go-to anytime the weather has hit above 65 degrees and sunny!









Hi-Neck T-Shirt Dress // Flannel Sold Out from Here, Similar here and here // Sunglasses // Converse Shoes // Similar WatchSimilar Watch

I picked up this little grey T-shirt dress at American Eagle a few weeks ago, and it's on sale! My roommate originally grabbed it in black and maroon, and I just knew I needed one for myself. It has been the ultimate go-to whenever I've had a weekend day filled with random plans, need to run a few errands, or even to dress up or down!

Wrapping this little flannel around me has been the perfect solution to this up-and-down weather nonsense. I had it on during lunch, wrapped around me all day, and then put it back on as it got closer to dinner and the temperature started to drop. It's all about layers for now! This exact one is sold out, but here you can find all of my favorite fall flannels, and a similar one here and here!

It took me a long time to get on the Converse bandwagon, but now I can't imagine what took me so long. If you're still on the fence about picking up a pair, I say go for it! They've been great for long days with a lot of walking and moving around. 

post signature

14 comments

  1. I wish it was warm enough in Boston to wear this cute dress! And love the tied flannel!

    Alyssa // Feathers and Stripes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicago weather has been ALL over the place! I never know how many layers to bring, so the flannel was the perfect solution!

      Delete
  2. I love this dress. So simple, comfortable, and stylish! This is a great weekend look, and I love how you've paired it with the tied-at-the-waist shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely been my favorite one since I picked it up in August! So glad you liked it!

      Delete
  3. Love this dress - how have I been living without this for so long?? Adding to my wardrobe asap! It's got a fall look, but nice for those warm fall days we are having here in the south!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered the same thing once I bought it! It comes in a few colors, too!

      Delete
  4. That is the cutest dress! I love casual dresses that I can just throw on and go and still look put together!

    XOXO
    Ansleigh
    www.sweetsoutherncurls.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're the best! So perfect for days where you're running around doing lots of activities too.

      Delete
  5. What a cute dress! I love how you paired it with sneakers!

    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was the perfect combo for riding bikes and walking through the zoo!

      Delete
  6. I've been wondering whether I should get converse shoes the look so comfortable and nice with dresses. I think i'll look into those :), Chicago scenery is beautiful! The pictures turned out great.
    www.thefalliblequeen.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend it - I waited about a year before buying them and my only regret was not getting them sooner!

      Delete