Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Neutrals & Knits

In the past few years, I've really tried to incorporate a lot more neutral tones, classic wardrobe staples, and long-lasting items into my wardrobe (while simultaneously removing items that no longer belong...this part is still a work in progress!)

I love that you can wear neutrals in different ways all year long and still have totally different looks, depending on the season! This winter, I am all about cozying up in over-sized knits and sweaters, overcoming my fear of hats, and wearing as many layers as possible (thanks, Chicago!)

You can shop this entire outfit at the bottom of this post, too!


This sweater is probably my all-time favorite, and I wear it way more often than I should...it's the perfect amount of softness, just large enough to be cozy like a blanket, and it goes with everything! Can you blame me?! I scooped it up off the clearance rack at Banana Republic last winter, but I've found a few that are super similar like this one, this one, this one, this one and this one


I've been pairing this look with my go-to Michael Kors watch (sold out, similar here) and my new cuff bracelet (similar here and here). Of course, my Essie Rose Gold nail color had to be included, too!



As you all know, I've really never been a "hat person"...that is, until moving to Chicago. I bought my very first hat last January when it was -6 degrees outside, and this year I felt that it was time to expand my collection a little bit. Thankfully, I found this adorable little beanie (on sale for only $15 right now!!!), and picked up this similar grey one too ($14!!).

These are my absolute favorite OTK socks. I originally just wore them around the house to stay warm and cozy, but now I pair them with all of my winter boots to stay extra warm. They're so soft!



I have this super soft long-sleeve basic tee in about 6 colors, and I would not say no to having a few more! All part of my plan to have more simple items in my closet to maximize layering potential! I like mine a little bit over-sized, so I'm wearing a Medium for reference! 

Colder weather means thicker leggings for me, so I own about 4 of these warmer and nicer-looking leggings, too. They're great for wearing to work without looking grungy if your dress code allows it! (I'm 5'10" and a size Small works great, they're extra stretchy so don't worry about ordering a size up!) 

post signature

No comments