Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

November Bucket List!

I know everyone is still marveling at how crazy it is that we've already reached November (myself included) but personally, I am also really excited because this is by far my favorite time of year. The amount of travel, time spent with family and friends, and traditions mixed in with festive music, colors, and special gatherings is just perfect. 

I never seem to have two holiday seasons that are alike. With family and friends scattered across so many different states, trying to squeeze everything in tends to get a little bit chaotic...but that's also what makes it so much fun! This year, I'm looking forward to making some new traditions and memories by trying out some new things!


I'm incredibly lucky this year because a portion of my family will be in the Chicago suburbs, which happens to be where Dalton is planning on spending Thanksgiving with his family too! It's so rare for me to have so many people I care about in one condensed location, so you could say I'm a little bit extra excited this year! In spirit of the family festivities and my recent attempts at become a better cook, I want to give baking a pie a shot (with a family recipe, of course!) to contribute to the big day! I'm thinking as a backup of making some Zucchini muffins though...does anyone have a great recipe they could share?!

I also found out that the Chicago Christkindl market opens up right before Thanksgiving, and I've been dying to attend! I didn't make it last year, but anyone who knows me knows that I am obsessed with the Christmas season and everything that comes along with it. I can't wait to try the foods and drinks and visit all of the little stands! (For those of you that don't know, it's this amazing German Christmas Market in downtown Chicago every year!)

With all of these new holiday festivities going on, I realized that a lot of my old traditions have fallen by the wayside (more from lack of opportunity than from neglect). Being in a new city, with new people in my life, I think it is definitely time to introduce a new tradition this year! TBD on what that will be...

Of course, while this one technically applies to TONIGHT (Go Cubs, Go!) I couldn't possibly leave this one off of the Bucket List, especially considering it has topped people's bucket lists for their entire lives! While I won't pretend I am a die hard baseball and Cubs fan, I've always been a cheerleader for Chicago teams (It's been my favorite city for the vast majority of my life) and I'm so incredibly excited to be a part of it! 

I'm headed off for work again to DC, and I'll finally for the first time have a few nights to explore the city. I want to see so many things, but I really loved the brief glimpse of Georgetown that I got last time! 

Does anyone have any recommendations for places to go or restaurants I must try in Georgetown? Desperately seeking some suggestions!

post signature

7 comments

  1. I'm with you rooting on the Cubs! I miss Chicago dearly, as I'm in Los Angeles for school right now, but hope to go to the Christkindl market when I'm home for break! It's such a fun holiday tradition!

    Xo, Kate // asprinkleofkate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an exciting time to be in the city, but I'm sure it's still fun cheering them on from far away! I'm so excited for the market - I think it's my favorite part of this month's list!

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you have such a fun holiday season planned out! And I love the idea of creating a new tradition. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for this holiday season - the new tradition will definitely be fun, I just have to decide what it will be!

      Delete
  3. Filomena in Georgetown is great for Italian! Definitely a crowd favorite and everyone I've brought there loved it - The pasta and desserts are amazing. And La Chaumiere for French. I recently tried Il Canale and Flavio and liked them both. The Tombs for a popular college spot, and and Baked and Wired for cupcakes and coffee. <3 Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh these are amazing suggestions! I can't wait to try these out - thank you so much! I just hope I can squeeze everything in!

      Delete
  4. I recommend Georgetown Cupcake, especially if you've never had them! I tried Baked and Wired last summer and unfortunately, they don't come close to Georgetown Cupcake! Just be ready to wait in line for 30+ minutes outside.

    ReplyDelete