The Perfect Green Sweater + Red Coat for the Holiday Season! - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

The Perfect Green Sweater + Red Coat for the Holiday Season!

Chicago had it's first snowfall of the year this weekend, and the timing was a little bit perfect if you ask me! I know everyone dreads (and exaggerates) Chicago winters more than any other city it seems, but I thought the snow was so pretty and festive from the warm comfort of my living room alongside our tree!

Of course, it did help that I picked up a ton of super cozy sweaters in the last few weeks in preparation - and they were all incredibly affordable! H&M was a huge jackpot, but I had some pretty great outfit finds at Forever 21 and Old Navy, too.

Scroll down to the bottom of the post to shop this look!


This sweater is a super dark shade of green, so it almost looks black in contrast with my favorite black high-waisted jeans and go-to black boots. The fabric is so incredibly soft, and the neck is loose enough that it doesn't get too hot or make me feel strangled (a pet peeve of mine with turtlenecks!)





My Madewell tote is my everyday tote. I take it with me to work, to brunch, running errands, and even to Pure Barre when I'm not using my new backpack to carry the essentials!




This coat is extra special to me because it actually was a birthday gift to my Mom on her last birthday, a few months before she passed away. Up until recently, I've always thought that the red was a little bit too bold for me, but now I'm embracing the bright colors just like she always did! It's so festive and perfect for the holidays!




post signature

10 comments

  1. The perfect cozy fall look!

    xx Rebecca // http://thecrystalpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is - and thankfully the coat is extra warm!

      Delete
  2. Love this look! That sweater is perfect!

    Rachel / www.seashellsandsparkles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's seriously so cozy and warm. A new favorite!

      Delete
  3. Great looks! I love that bold red coat for the holidays!

    xo, Chloe // http://funinthecloset.com/culottes-cut-curtly/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the perfect pop of color for everything - plus it's super warm!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. With this cold front we're getting in Chicago, I might need even more!

      Delete
  5. You look so cute and comfty!!

    www.repressingthecrazy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love - it's definitely one of my new go-to sweaters!

      Delete