Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Essentials of the Week!

I had an incredibly productive week (despite a fairly sleepless weekend - that 60 degree weather demanded some quality time with brunch on a patio!) I've been feeling entirely re-motivated, and finally found my focus on a few projects and decisions that have been plaguing me all month long. 

Can anyone else relate to the weight-off-your-shoulders feeling of finally crossing those major lingering items off of your to-do list, making a tough decision you've been weighing for a while, or simply getting into a strong rhythm with your routine? It's the best, right?!

Hopefully my travels this weekend to Pittsburgh with Dalton and D.C. for a work trip don't throw off this pattern I've gotten myself into...

Here are my essentials for this week!


1. Adorable Father-Daughter Moments - Considering the amount of hours I spent alongside my Dad and his guitar singing some of my favorite childhood songs, this one put the biggest smile on my face. Too precious.

2. A Producer's Response to the Upsetting 'A Dog's Purpose' Video - I, like many others, was pretty horrified by what I saw in the TMZ-leaked video of behind-the-scenes filming of A Dog's Purpose. I don't want to share the video here (that's a little bit much for a Friday) but if you really want to see it, it's easy to search. I thought this producer's response and reaction to the video was very well thought-out and well-written. Worth a read, regardless of whether it changes your opinion.  

3. The Jacket Already Topping My Spring Essentials List - Okay, so I know it's technically not even February, but we've been having some unseasonably warm-ish weather (and a LOT of rain), so I'm feeling optimistic. I'm in need of a new rain coat, anyway!

4. The Self-Forgiveness Bucket List - As you may know, I'm a huge fan of bucket lists. They help push me to step out of my comfort zones, get off the couch, and experience new things, places and people. This list had me nodding along the entire time, and while I may not be 30 yet, I am turning 24 next month, and I definitely imagined my life differently at this point. Worth a read!

5. Life-Changing Innovation for the Blind - I couldn't believe this video! What an incredible way to give some semblance of sight and awareness to those who unfortunately don't have vision of their own. I thought this was incredibly innovative, and can't wait to see what else they do with it! 

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend with (hopefully) some more good weather! 

post signature

No comments