Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

The Perfect Winter Skirt

Up until this year, I really didn't own any skirts. I know that sounds a little bit insane, but I've just never felt like I can pull them off very well. I think it's probably an issue of being incredibly tall with the wrong hips for skirts, but thankfully high-waisted is back in style and I am loving it!

I've picked up a handful of skirts in the last couple of months, and while I'm still getting the hang of styling them, I'm really loving the change to my look! 

I grabbed this amazing little corduroy piece from J.Crew around Thanksgiving and it has been perfect for so many different occasions. They just sold out earlier this week, but I'm hopeful they're going to re-stock it soon! Follow me on twitter for updates! 

Scroll to the bottom of the post to shop my entire look!




I've paired it with fitted tanks like this one and this one, but I've also been putting it with this slim turtleneck on chillier days! I love the skirt because the waistband is a little bit flexible, and hits at such a flattering height without being too short for my long legs.


The brown skirt (similar herehere and here) goes great with simple black cardigans like this one and this one. For dinners and lunches, I've included my favorite little black Kate Spade crossbody purse (see similar favorites here) and classic Tory Burch flats


You can shop my entire look below - and if we aren't already friends on Instagram, follow me so you never miss an outfit or an amazing sale! My only regret is not buying the skirt in this adorable red color before the holiday season...

post signature

7 comments

  1. Love the skirt! Cords are just so *winter* and I love the way you styled it!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more! I've been finding tons of ways to incorporate corduroy into my winter wardrobe, and this skirt is one of favorites!

      Delete
  2. Finding skirts that are cute and warm enough to layer in the winter is such a hard challenge. You've made it look so cute, though!

    www.girlnextscore.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is tricky! That's why I was so excited to find this corduroy one - I'll be styling some more soon, so be sure to check back for ideas!

      Delete
  3. Ohh, where was this skirt during the holiday season?! It would've looked so good with black tights and some black booties! Dang. Next year!

    x Kate
    www.thegoldsister.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! That's how I felt about the red version, I definitely think it was a mistake to let it slip through my fingers. It's still perfect for these next few winter months, though!

      Delete
  4. Super cute outfit! So happy that corduroy has come back! Recently got a pink one and I haven't stopped wearing it! :)

    xo, Chloe // http://funinthecloset.com/bringing-it-back-old-school-trends/

    ReplyDelete