What To Bring to Sorority Recruitment! - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

What To Bring to Sorority Recruitment!

While it's definitely been a little while since my last sorority recruitment, I still have a lot of friends on campus (and a sorority family member who is the recruitment chair), so I still hear about it...a lot. It's almost like I never left!

Earlier last week, I shared a round-by-round outfit guide for winter recruitment to help incoming Freshman (and sophomores) navigate the process in style! Shortly after posting and sharing it to my friends on campus, my inbox was flooded with emails full of questions from girls asking about recruitment, what to bring, and whether or not the dresses they sent me were a good fit! 

It was honestly a blast, and I'm loving answering all of them, so keep them coming! One of the main questions that kept surfacing was what to bring in your bag the day of. This honestly applies to everyone, both new members and active sorority members alike! 


Unless you're some kind of superhuman, I don't know anyone that can withstand 10 hours straight of chatting, cheering, and sweating it out in a crowded room without needing a few things to help them get through the day.

That's why I wanted to share exactly what to have in your bag to survive recruitment and look your best from round one to the final round!



1. Hairbrush + Straightener/Curler - This one kinda speaks for itself!

2. Mini Perfume - Obviously you don't want to overdo it, but smelling your best is definitely a priority, and not the simplest task after sweating in hot rooms all day!

3. Headphones + Phone Charger - Sometimes it can be nice to just turn off all the white noise and take a break from talking in between rounds (your vocal cords will thank you, too!)

4. Makeup Wipes/Remover - You'll definitely need touch-ups throughout the day, and in my opinion it's best to have a fresh start! Wipe off any smeared or smudged makeup and re-apply!

5. Lip Balm - Even more important in winter recruitment, all of that talking will leaves your lips seriously dry!

6. Hair Ties + Bobby Pins/Clips - You're likely planning on wearing your hair down, but these still manage to come in handy from time to time. 

7. Deodorant - enough said. Keep it fresh!

8. Makeup Bag + Makeup - You probably don't need to bring your entire makeup arsenal, but having a few things for touch-ups on hand is a good idea.

9. Nail Polish - This one might seem a little silly, but you didn't go to all of the trouble of having them perfectly polished only to have them chip halfway through the day!

10. Snacks + Energy Drink or Coffee - These days are seriously draining, and you can't expect to be at your best when you're running on fumes.

11. Hairspray/Texturizer - I've been absolutely swearing by DryBar Triple Sec. It gives my hair great volume and texture, and it acts as a dry shampoo too!

12. Bandaids/Advil/Lint Roller - The mom's trifecta of essential items to have on hand. It will spare you from blisters, inevitable headaches, and outfit struggles.

13. Notepad & Pen - Between each round, I always liked to jot down notes about everything I could remember, and rank a house/my experience on a scale of 1-10. It's a rough system, but it's at least slightly helpful when it comes to scoring at the end of a very long day where all of your conversations have blurred together in your memory!

14. Water - Drink about ten times the amount you think you need! Sweating, talking and moving around takes it out of you more than you can imagine. 
                      Confession - I didn't drink enough water during one of the rounds as a freshman, and I nearly fainted in a house! I had to interrupt a girl only moments after we started talking because I thought I was going to collapse right in front of her. They had to get a chair and glass of water for me, and it was beyond embarrassing. So drink up!!

It's definitely a physically and emotionally draining process, but try to remember that it's supposed to be fun, too! You're about to have four years of fun, friendships, memories, parties, and moments that will completely shape your college experience for the better. 

Good luck to all those who are rushing! Feel free to email me at: prepessentials@gmail.com if you have any questions!

post signature

1 comment

  1. I love the gold notebook. It looks great with the Swell bottle. I used to be obsessed with Kind bars. They helped keep my energy up.

    ReplyDelete