5 (Amazing) New Book Recommendations! - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

5 (Amazing) New Book Recommendations!

I've been reading more and more lately, and it continues to be a goal of mine to read as much as possible. I've taken to reading using the Kindle app on my phone and iPad, so my morning and evening commutes give me plenty of time. 

It's been really helping me to try and turn off the TV when it's time for bed and let my eyes get sleepy drifting over the pages of a great read...the only problem is, I loved all of these so much that for some of them I ended up staying up way too late because I couldn't put it down!


Until You're Mine // This was recommended to me by a friend who also loved Gone Girl and Girl on the Train. I think the comparisons to those two books have gotten a little out of control, personally...but this one really was incredibly similar and just as plot-twisting and riveting. I couldn't put it down, and I really didn't see the ending coming at all! Definitely one of my favorites on this list.

Small Admissions // I scooped this one up because it seemed like a nice, light and potentially funny read. It definitely had a bit of a slow start, but I think that's only because I'm used to reading intense thrillers. Once I gave it a chance, I realized I couldn't put it down and was just dying to see how everything unfolded. In the sense of figuring out your life in your 20's, I thought it had some definitely relatable story lines. Worth a read! 

Splintered (Trilogy) // Nothing beats finding a great book series, because you don't have to be disappointed when you finish one, and it always leaves you wanting more! I'm incredibly picky when it comes to choosing books, so finding a series I love is a huge one. I loved the concept behind this one. It's a dark & modern twist on Alice & Wonderland - with the entire bloodline of the original Alice, and a curse that's been unleashed upon them because of her Adventures. I loved getting lost in this world!

You // The best way I could think of to describe this book is...chilling. I was hesitant to begin reading because it exposes a very real & possible fear, of being stalked and having your life infiltrated due to the amount of information you put out there into social media. What really had me turning every page was the way I kept realizing that I was fully cheering on the villain in this book...I kept having to remind myself that what he was doing is so scary, but you keep getting lost in his motives because the story is told entirely from his perspective! 

The Perfect Girl // Gilly MacMillan is one of my favorite authors, and this book absolutely did not disappoint. It's one of those books where you keep thinking you have everything all figured out, only to be thrown for another loop. Don't trust your instincts while you're reading, because this author is a mastermind at convincing you to believe whatever she wants you to!

For some reason, I have had a list of 4 or 5 books that were all waiting to be released on February 7th, and the anticipation was killing me! No idea what the significance of the 7th was, but I do know that I will have plenty of books to read for the rest of this month. Can't wait to share even more with you soon!

What have you been reading lately? I always need more recommendations! I'd love to get some suggestions!

post signature

1 comment