Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

A Little Life Update!

Happy Thursday, friends!

I was chatting with one of my good friends Caroline recently, and she helps me out whenever I get stuck in a rut with trying to come up with new and exciting things for the blog, and she pointed out that I really haven't done any more "personal" updates on here recently. Do you guys like the personal & lifestyle updates? I'm never sure!

I truthfully didn't feel like there was much to share - but when I sat down and started to think about it, I guess 2017 has been a bit on the crazier side! I thought that I'd be taking a break from traveling for a while, but it seems as if I've been living out of my suitcase lately. Things with with work, dating, and travel have just been non-stop!


With that being said, here are a few bits and pieces from the beginning of 2017, as well as some exciting things coming up on my calendar!

1. Travel - Like I said, I've certainly been racking up the frequent flyer miles lately. Dalton is in busy season for his accounting firm, so our trips have been pretty one-sided with me heading out to Pittsburgh every few weeks. I don't mind though - Chicago can get dreary, and it's nice to go to a cozy home and relax with the dogs! Other places I've been touching down in have included Washington, D.C. for a work trip, Oxford, OH on my old campus at Miami University for the last couple of days to see friends and attend some work events, and next week I'm heading to Puerto Rico to visit my cousin for my first *real* vacation since graduating (but more on that in a second!)

2. Dalton & Dating - I try to avoid getting too in-depth on this topic in terms of the blog (partly because it's too personal, and partly because I've always been acutely aware that not all things are permanent, and breakups are hard enough without splashing them into a public forum). That being said, things are going great despite the 450 miles between us, and we're finally closing in on the timeline of him moving to Chicago, hopefully sometime this summer! To say I'm counting down the days is an understatement. 

3. Puerto Rico Birthday Trip - I'm beyond excited for my upcoming trip, so I thought it deserved its own little bullet point! My fabulous and amazing cousin Julia just closed on a house in Aguadilla, a little section of Puerto Rico about 2 hours west of San Juan. I visited Julia there for my senior spring break, and realized it was the perfect plan for my 24th birthday coming up! Flights there are pretty affordable, and my parents were sweet enough to cover that portion as a birthday gift. Last time I was there, I learned how to surf, went cliff diving, snorkeled in the reefs, and explored a waterfall near a hidden cave! The adventures that are awaiting us are endless...she's even going to make me a little pineapple coconut cake! Bring on the margaritas...I leave in 9 days!

4. Healthier Habits - I always try to stay on the healthier side, and am luckily not too tempted by things like sweets as I have gotten older (pizza on the other hand...oh boy). I've really been motivated to take it to the next level though, and have been trying to make sure I fit in at least 5 days of Pure Barre per week (unless I'm so sore that I can barely make it up my apartment stairs!) Between that and doing meal prep every Sunday for my lunches at work, I've really seen a difference not only in my appearance but also with my mood, energy levels, sleeping habits, and even my skin! Everything just seems a little bit brighter, clearer, and smoother. Puerto Rico has been a big motivator, so I'm hoping I'll be able to keep it up when I return.

5. Watching & Reading - My love for Netflix is of course still going strong, but I've been trying to get more creative with what I'm watching lately. I have to be in the mood for a documentary, but I shared this list of pretty interesting ones recently and I'm still working my way through it. I've been blowing through books faster than ever, and here are some of my favorites that I couldn't put down in these last couple of months. I'm planning on downloading a couple more for Puerto Rico, but I know I'll be spending a lot more time surfing, swimming and cliff diving than I will laying on the sand! 

That's really all I can think of for now, but life has definitely been treating me well so far in 2017. I can't wait to see what other adventures are around the corner - I imagine warmer weather can only mean ever better and brighter things!

post signature

No comments