Blush Pink for Spring! - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Blush Pink for Spring!

Happy Valentine's Day lovelies! No matter how you're celebrating today, or who you're celebrating it with, I hope you're all having a wonderful and candy-filled day (why not indulge in the extra sweets when it's essentially demanded by society?!)

It might not be quite spring weather, but this holiday always has me thinking of flowers, brighter colors and warmer times ahead! We decided to venture over to the Lincoln Park Conservatory this weekend for some Saturday strolling and it was beautiful.

 (Of course, if we had done a little more research, we would have realized that we missed the Spring flower show by a day, but that's just an incentive to go back very soon!)

It was much more humid and warm in there than I expected, so the room housing all of the fresh blooms was a welcome break from the hot air. It's safe to say that the tropical vibes had me getting excited for my birthday trip to Puerto Rico next week! 



This blush pink shift dress is so perfect for spring (and for Valentine's Day!) I actually completely forgot that I picked up these brown leather heels during an end of summer sale last year, and now I'm realizing how much I love them paired with this dress. 


I love the way the Louis Vuitton clutch ties the whole outfit together - it's the perfect bag to help make the outfit pop! 


How great would this dress be for a summer/spring wedding? My newsfeed has been so filled with engagement announcements lately (so happy for all of my friends!), I'm sure I will get plenty of use out of this look as the weather heats up. 


I didn't want to overdo it with jewelry, because this look seemed best more understated. My simple favorite gold watch and blush pink druzy stone earrings were just the right touch.



If I weren't stuck spending Valentine's Day 450 miles away from Dalton, I'd definitely be reaching for this look again for a dinner date tonight, but instead I'm keeping things simple and getting a nice dinner out with my friend Emily. 

You can shop this look along with some similar blush pink dresses below! PS - it also comes in plum and black! I'm loving the plum color.




What are your Valentine's Day plans?! Do you prefer to keep it low key, or make a nice romantic gesture?

post signature

2 comments

  1. I love the dress.

    http://goldclutter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a gorgeous dress! I agree about wanting to break out my spring clothes for Valentine's day but it's actually way too cold! At least you have those gorgeous photos! :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete