This week really flew by in the best possible way. Nothing exciting happened, but I'm really hitting my stride with my routine and it feels great to be getting back on trip. I'm trying to spend the majority of my down time taking care of myself and giving myself time to relax, exercise, and make some nice dinners!
I can't believe February is already in full swing - I know it's a short month, but time is really flying by! I'm already looking forward to moving past the weekend, but only because I'm heading back to Miami to do some career fair events for my company and see all of my favorite people in the world!
Counting down the hours...
Here are my essentials of the week!
1. I Choose You - My dad sent me this song a few weeks back because he loved it, but earlier this week I decided to look up the music video. What an adorable idea! I don't want to spoil anything, but I thought this was the perfect video for this week, given that Valentine's Day is practically here! Such a pretty love song.
2. Kristin Ess for Target - I've been anticipating the release of the new Kristin Ess haircare line with Target ever since I found out about it a little over a month ago. I didn't realize at first who Kristin Ess was...until I looked her up on Pinterest and realized she's styled pretty much every single one of my favorite celebrities + hairstyles. Best part? It's so affordable! I haven't been able to find it in stock yet, but I'm on the hunt! Try your luck online - I've heard that's your best bet!
3. Thirteen Reasons Why - Earlier this week, I shared some of my favorite recent book recommendations, but I had to share this one because I read it in the fall and the movie is about to be released! I loved this book, and always encourage reading before seeing the movie. Definitely a great weekend read!(Plus, Selena Gomez is in it, and I lowkey wish I was her!)
4. The Cutest (Affordable + Casual) Valentine's Dress - We don't typically make a big fuss over Valentine's Day (a low key dinner and some pretty flowers are all it takes to make me smile!) so I've never really hunted out a pretty pink dress. Then I stumbled upon this cozy and casual dress that's still so feminine and pretty! The perfect solution for a low-key night of romance.
5. On Setting Boundaries - I think this really applies in all stages of life. Whether you're in college, post-grad, or even living with a significant other, setting boundaries in your living situation is so important (but it seems to be more awkward as you get older). This article had some great solutions for dodging the awkwardness or passive aggressive issues!
What are your plans for the weekend? I'd love to hear how any of you are planning on spending Valentine's Day (whether it's with your besties, a night in for yourself, or with your loved one!) I'll be spending it in Oxford with my favorite girls...oh, the joys of long-distance! ;)