Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

New Favorite Apps!

I briefly mentioned this after my New Year's festivities, but my little iPhone 5s didn't manage to survive the evening's festivites, and I had to bite the bullet and upgrade to a 6s. (Some people might be wondering why I didn't choose a 7, or why I'm pretending like I got the short end of the stick with this upgrade, but I'm not particularly a fan of the larger screen sizes). 

Nevertheless, I've grown accustomed to my new phone - and the best part? My storage space got a major upgrade (over 150 addition GB of space, to be precise!) No more irritating storage notification popping up reminding me to delete the thousands of photos I have stored (if you share this problem, I've written about the best ways to de-clutter your digital life here!)

I got a little bit download-happy while I was setting my new phone up, and I found some amazing new apps - still trying to figure out how I accomplished anything without them! 

Make some room in your phone, because I definitely recommend downloading some of these asap!


1. Unum - This one might be most useful for bloggers (or anyone who invests a lot of time in their social media). It helps you plan, schedule, write captions, and view the overall aesthetic of your Instagram feed to help you stay on top of things. It has become such a huge help for me! If you don't already, follow me on Instagram!

2. Hutch - This one is brand new, and I originally discovered it with this article about the two 20-somethings who have brought a whole new digital life to interior decorating. I love scrolling on Pinterest planning future ways I'd love to decorate my apartment/home, but this app is incredible! You can send in pictures of a room, choose a style/theme, and decorators will come back with suggestions and links directly to products to make your vision come true!

3.  Thinking Talents - I'm not sure about the long-term need of this app on your phone, but it was an incredible resource for me recently when I was re-evaluating my career goals and thinking about what I wanted to do with my future. It helps pinpoint your best strengths and weaknesses, and determine what areas you would thrive in (in terms of both success and overall happiness!)

4. Google Calendar - This one isn't exactly new, but I'm still astonished by how many people I know that aren't using it. I personally have never liked the layout or design of iCal on my phone. It doesn't lay things out the way I like them. Google calendar is perfect for gmail users, and it even syncs up to travel information and other confirmed plans in your email account, automatically adding it to your calendar!

5. Airbrush - People are always asking me what photo editing apps and tools I use. It definitely depends on the situation, but this is one of my all-time favorites. I'm also a big fan of VSCO and Camera+! This is always the final touch that I use to catch little details I might have missed (aka my chronic dark circles under my eyes...oops!)

What are some of your must-have apps? Now that I don't have that pesky little storage notification, I'd love to find some more game-changing apps to make life a little bit easier!





post signature

1 comment

  1. I'll have to check out Hutch.

    http://goldclutter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete