The Perfect Leather Jacket for Spring! - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

The Perfect Leather Jacket for Spring!

Does anyone else feel like it takes years at a time to find a leather jacket that they love (that also doesn't have a $400+ price tag??) I'm constantly seeing them on friends and bloggers and marveling at how they all say they found it at Forever 21, H&M or Express. I have been truly envious of some friends' shopping abilities - and finally, after years of hunting, I found the elusive brown (faux) leather jacket I had been searching for!

A friend posted it on Instagram, and I searched through every Express within walking distance until I tracked one down, and it was on major sale! (Now if only I could find a great style black leather jacket instead of always having to ask my roommate for hers!


jacket (brown color currently sold out, but other colors are here, here, here, and here!) | booties | jeans | white linen top | sunglasses | necklace | watch

As if I needed a better reason to love it, the jacket also matches my adorable new Sam Edelman booties perfectly! I've been pairing both of these with all of my favorite neutrals and my tortoise sunglasses to tie together the whole look.


Can you tell I'm loving the caramel brown color lately?! I've even got my new balayage to match it! (For those asking - I get my hair done at Salon V in Lincoln Park, and I absolutely love it!) 


I've definitely been trying to simplify my wardrobe lately, and have been sticking to a few key statement pieces that tie my looks together like my new Coordinates necklace (with the coordinates to my college house & the first place Dalton and I met - the cutest anniversary gift from him!)


Simple gold details, light layers, and a great jacket are all I need to get me through Spring in Chicago!


You can shop this entire look (along with some other faux leather jackets I've been loving) below! Where have you found your best leather jacket finds?! I'm still looking for a great black one, and would LOVE a recommendation!

post signature

7 comments

  1. Gah, I've been on the hunt for the perfect leather jacket and this looks perfect! I love the cut, so gorgeous!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me ages to find it, but I finally love it! Now if only I can find a black one too...

      Delete
  2. That coat is the perfect leather jacket! I love it! And I agree, I spend so much time looking around, because I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars, but this one is totally affordable. Especially for the amount of wear you'll get out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more! It seems crazy to spend hundreds, especially when people are constantly lucking out at the budget stores. I highly recommend it!

      Delete
  3. Such a Cute coat and it will go with anything and everything!

    ReplyDelete