Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Valentine's Day Sweets & Treats!

I don't necessarily put all of the hype or expectations on Valentine's Day that some people do, but I don't boo it as a 'made-up holiday' either. To me it's just an excuse to do something fun, send some cute cards, and maybe indulge in a couple extra sweets!

One of my favorite Valentine's Day's ever was spent playing video games with Dalton and eating Chipotle...no seriously. We had just started dating, things weren't very serious yet, and we just wanted to hang out and have fun. I truthfully would choose that over a fancy dinner and gifts any day! Dalton, if you're reading this, feel free to still get me a present :)

I decided this year it would be fun to try out a few treat recipes and give them to my friends and coworkers as a nice surprise - here are the ones I'm excited to try!


1. Chocolate-Covered Pretzels with Sprinkles: This one will definitely be the easiest to make, which is probably why I am most excited for it! Melting chocolate can be tricky at times, but if you follow the directions carefully, this one can be customized so many ways! White or pink, heart sprinkles or red and white...the options are pretty endless!

2. Rice-Krispie Treat Pops - These ones can be as easy or as complex as you want them to be...I personally think you could just buy a box of Rice Krispies and "decorate" them for Valentine's Day as you see fit...but if you want to really get your hands dirty, making the Rice Krispie treats from scratch is pretty fun!

3. Red Velvet Cake Pops - Red velvet everything is always the way to go, in my opinion. There is a store in Louisville that used to sell the most incredible red velvet cupcakes, and every since it closed down I've had a major craving for all things red velvet-flavored. These look simple and delicious!

4. Raspberry Surprise Chocolate Truffles - I love these because they seem more fancy than a simple cookie or cake pop, but in reality they're super simple to make! I'm thinking about bringing these ones to my coworkers as a nice Tuesday treat.

5. Strawberry Moscow Mules - What's a holiday without a little cocktail to celebrate? I'm a big fan of Moscow Mules (and recently got my own set of Moscow Mule mugs) so I'm especially excited to make a batch of these one night when some of my friends come over. They sound delicious!

post signature

2 comments