6 Online Swimwear Boutiques to Replace Victoria's Secret - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

6 Online Swimwear Boutiques to Replace Victoria's Secret

I've been noticing that one of the major plights of this upcoming swimwear season is people being concerned about where to find cute, well-fitting and affordable swimwear now that Victoria's Secret has pulled their collection from their brand. 

While I did own a handful of VS items myself, I truthfully in recent years have discovered that there are much better (and more unique) options & styles out there in a similar price range that tend to be a higher and longer-lasting quality!

In case you're one of the many that's at a loss for where to turn with your swimwear needs, I've rounded up a bunch of my new favorite retailers to set you up for beach season! 


I wore this top + these bottoms constantly in Puerto Rico, and received compliments every day. The fit is so comfortable, and the material will definitely last me a while! I also ordered this top + these bottoms from Rip Curl, and was similarly thrilled with the quality and fit. 

1. Rip Curl - This is definitely the top of my list, and where I plan on making the majority of my swimwear purchases from now on. The fit is great, and the fabric is high quality so I know it will last me a while! The designs are also so cute and unique, and they usually have every pattern in multiple styles so you can find the right fit for you. I haven't purchased a cover-up there yet, but I've had my eye on a few! You can shop my favorites below.


2. Billabong - Similar to Rip Curl, Billabong is another that has really impressed me with their quality and fit. There's something about the brands that also cater to surfers! They really know to make sure things are comfortable and well-fitting, and the prices with Billabong are great. You can find most things in the $30-45 price range, which is essentially what Victoria's Secret was charging (if not more!)



3. Orchid Boutique - This retailer pulls together a lot of different popular swim brands, including some of my personal favorites, and also includes their own "Orchid Label" swim line that I was thoroughly impressed with. I ordered a criss-cross black top (no longer available, unfortunately) to go with some bottoms that I already own and I loved it! If you've been on the hunt for a gorgeous one-piece to add to your wardrobe with the latest trends, this is definitely a great spot to look. The prices definitely vary by brand offering, but they have a lot of great budget-friendly options, too! You can shop all of their styles and offerings here (and I showcased some of my favorites below!)

One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six

4. Midori - This one came at the recommendation of my cousin, and considering she leaves at the beach year-round and surfs almost daily, I tend to take her word for it on all things swim-related! This brand is one of her all-time favorites for style and quality of materials. The only downside is they release collections a few times throughout the year (the 2017 collection will be out any day now and the previews on their Instagram look amazing!) Keep checking their site, or follow me on Twitter to keep an eye on announcements for the new collection's arrival!


5. Nordstrom - I tend to recommend Nordstrom for almost any and all shopping needs because they seem to have everything, and swimwear definitely gets included in that list! Not only do they have a few of the brands I've mentioned on this list, but the options for filtering by price and style are unmatched. If you're looking for a swimsuit that looks just like that one you saw on Pinterest, Nordstrom is definitely the place to narrow things down! I've pulled some of my favorites for you to shop below:


6. O'Neill - Another surfing company that has really caught my attention lately for having adorable designs and amazing prices, I've got my eye on a few one-pieces for summer from this particular brand. I especially love that all of these surf-oriented sites make so many reversible options. Two suits for the price of one? Yes please! Shop my favorite picks below:


Instead of wallowing in the aftermath of losing a very average swim retailer like Victoria's Secret, we should be celebrating how many amazing brands have stepped up their game to fill the gap! You don't have to break the bank to have adorable swimwear this spring & summer - and I personally think the patterns, colors and designs from these retailers are a lot more fun than anything I would have found before!

post signature

8 comments

  1. Bilabong makes the cutest swimsuits.

    http://goldclutter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do! Definitely going to take some restraint on my part!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to try out some of these sites!

    xx Rebecca // http://thecrystalpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this post. Swimsuits are always a struggle for me and VS was my absolute favorite. So having options is great! Thank you!

    xoxo,
    Dannie
    www.stilefotocibo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it! I was struggling too, but now I can't believe I haven't been shopping at these spots the entire time!

      Delete
  4. Love nords swimwear line! so intrigued as to why VS discontinued their swimwear..but on to the next one!

    ReplyDelete