Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Essentials of the Week!

This week was a total whirlwind, from a 24-hour weekend trip to an absolutely incredible Louisville wedding on Saturday night, to hopping a plane out to Pittsburgh on Wednesday evening (and squeezing into three extra unexpected nights with Dalton), I feel like I havent had a single momeny to sit still! In the best possible way, of course. 

I also got to attend my second NHL game ever on Wednesday (and my first ever with Dalton) which was all too exciting for him considering I'd never given hockey a second glance before him. To be fair, I still don't give it a second glance unless he's watching it with me or he's on the ice, but it's still something fun to do together! 

Trying new things in different cities is at least one small and rare benefit of doing long distance relationships, but I am beyond thrilled to announce that this is my very last trip out to Pittsburgh because Dalton is moving to Chicago! (More details on that later - but it's safe to say it's an exciting time for us!)

For now I'm just looking forward to spending a relaxing weekend here before turning around and jetting off to NYC next week for a work trip + an extended weekend with friends. I haven't been there since I was 12!


Here are my essentials of the week!

1. Stripes on Stripes - Today is National Stripes Day, which I've truthfully never heard of, but who am I to turn away stripes?! They're a major go-to staple in my wardrobe, and I reach them more and more often as the weather heats up. I'm loving this striped dress, these striped espadrilles, and this striped beach/pool tote.

2. 10 Healthy Salad Dressings You Can Make - I've been a huge fan of making my meals on Sundays, and now that the weather is nicer and fruit is fresher (i.e. cheaper) salads are frequenting my list! I've been loving trying out my own dressings - they're so much lighter, healthier and less processed. I can't wait to try this list!

3. Gymnast Defying Gravity - Confession - I have more than a little bit of an obsession with watching gymnastics. I become totally obsessed with watching most olympic events when the time rolls around, but gymnastics, swimming and diving are definitely my favorites. I'm always randomly searching Youtube to see if the top US athletes have done anything new and exciting in the off season, and they never disappoint! I was mesmerized watching this!

3. English to Their Ears - I'm not entirely positive on the accuracy of this video, and I suppose there's really no way to tell...but I've always weirdly wondered what English sounds like to those who don't know how to speak it. This video claims to have solved that mystery, and I couldn't resist watching! Does anyone else believe it??

4. The Perfect Colorblock Tee - The moment I clicked on this top, I swear I could hear my closet actually calling out to me to buy it...or maybe that was my wallet preemptively crying? Either way, $24 for a cute top like this is such a steal!

1 comment