Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Spring Dresses + A Pop of Color!

The sun has finally begun to show itself here in Chicago, and I have wasted absolutely no time bringing out the brighter colors and spring dresses. I still need to set aside a day to really go through my closet, get rid of old things and stow my winter clothes away for the year (which will require me to be in town for more than 72 hours...baby steps!)

I have managed to pull out some old favorites and stock up on a few new things that have hit the shelves. I just couldn't resist! 


This dress was one that I actually picked up at a little boutique in Chicago on Armitage Ave. called Art Effect last summer when I was looking for dress options to wear to the wedding with Dalton. I ended up going with a different option, but knew this would be a great piece to keep around for an occasion that was sure to come up. 




The bright colors photographed so well, and now after seeing these pictures I'm thinking this might be my Derby Dress for this year! Thoughts?! We're all going down with a ton of friends from high school and some college friends, too. It will be Dalton's first Derby, so I'm pretty excited this time around. 




 I love the way the dress is flowy without being unflattering, too. It speaks for itself with the pattern, so simple accessories are definitely the way to go. This little brown crossbody that I paired it with was perfect (and the price of it was, too - only $24!) I'm also thinking it could look great with a clutch like this one or this one


I think you could go any way you wanted with the shoes. These brown ones I picked up for my birthday are so comfortable, and for me that is the ultimate goal, but I'm hoping to invest in a brighter pair like these or even this pair this spring, and I think they'd be a perfect match, too!


Dress is old, but similar here and here (plus I've linked my other favorite patterned spring dresses below!) | Shoes (would also look good with this pair| Crossbody (also love this one and this one!) |  Watch | Necklace


5 comments

  1. Yes! This dress is so fun and bold! I can't get enough of the prints! :) I definitely need to find a dress like this for Spring.

    xo, Chloe // http://funinthecloset.com/fishnets-friend-foe/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too - I'll keep my eye out for anything a little more similar and send it your way if I find out! Such a pro/con of finding dresses in boutiques!

      Delete
  2. Oh I love this dress! You're right in that it's flowy without being unflattering - dresses without cinched waistlines can sometimes overwhelm a person's frame but this one doesn't seem to do that at all! Love the colors!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely had me hesitating in the fitting rooms (and sending way too many snaps to friends to confirm - seriously how did we ever shop before without being able to do that?!) but I love it now!

      Delete
  3. First of all,I was very hesitant to buy online and was skeptical after purchasing as I had read positive reviews online.But when I received this dress http://www.zaful.com/s/lace-blue-dress/ , it did not let me disappointed.

    ReplyDelete