Stripes + Bows for Spring! - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Stripes + Bows for Spring!

According to the calendar, it is officially Spring as of yesterday...but Chicago obviously disagrees with that sentiment. We're still sitting in a fairly chilly cold spell lately, and it's not showing signs of heating up anytime soon.

I've been so ready for the warmer weather that over the weekend I flipped most of my closet back to spring and summer styles (and kept a few sweaters out to hold me over until the weather changes). Despite the chill, I couldn't resist throwing on some of my latest purchases and gifts, including this adorable Madewell top that I was coveting for my birthday! (Thanks, Melissa!)


I headed over to the lakeshore on Sunday and was instantly reminded why I love this city so much - and how excited I am for summer! The water was the prettiest blue (it didn't have anything on Puerto Rico, but I'll take it!) Needless to say, it was pretty windy - I kept having to hold my hair from my face!


I love how light and airy this top is, which means I'll be able to wear it all summer long without getting too hot - something that is always a problem for me. The BEST feature of the shirt, though? The adorable bows on the sleeves! That was what totally won me over.




I've searched for years to find the perfect jeans in general, and have had an even harder time finding flattering white jeans. Something about the white just always makes me feel more self conscious...anyone else have this problem?!

Thankfully this past winter I discovered my new obsession with the high rise Madewell jeans, and have since purchased them in pretty much every available color. My birthday gift to myself was to finally scoop up a pair of the white, and they did not disappoint. Still a perfect fit, and still so flattering!




All the outfit needed was the perfect pop of details, and these white beaded earrings were just right. I tend to go simpler with the accessories and shoes when it comes to warmer weather, and I've got a feeling this will be one of my new go-to outfits for just about everything. 





Bow-Sleeve Top (On Sale for $50!) | White Jeans | Flats (only $50, also available in nude + black!) | Earrings (old), similar here! | Sunglasses | Monogrammed Tote (mini version is also amazing!) | Watch

I realized while writing this post that I don't really have many light popover and tunic-style shirts, and that it might be time to add some more to my wardrobe to wear from work to the River Walk for some evening drinks with friends. Here are some more of my favorites:



5 comments

  1. Ahhhh that water looks amazing!

    -Kirsten // www.porkandcookies.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the massive stripe trend coming on for the spring and summer! I can't get enough. And those bows! I'm not typically a bows gal, but I love those little bows on the sleeves! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look! The white denim and light blue combo is amazing!

    XO,
    Allie
    https://alliesfashionalley.com/2017/03/my-favorite-salons-to-get-pretty-in-chicago/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's perfect top for spring!

    Erin // Plaid & Pearls 

    ReplyDelete
  5. shades of blue! obsessed! great post! cannot wait for warmth! <3

    ReplyDelete