The Ultimate Beach Getaway Packing Guide 2017! - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

The Ultimate Beach Getaway Packing Guide 2017!

It's safe to say that after ten straight days of sand and sun, I've had beach on the brain since the minute I set foot in the San Juan Airport on Monday to head home. Is it time to go back yet?!

Between my recent travels and hearing about everyone's upcoming spring break trips and tropical getaways on the calendar, I thought now would be the perfect time to share a roundup of my favorite and newest beach essentials + accessories!

I couldn't have enjoyed my trip nearly as much as I did without a few of these life-saving sun remedies, and I'm definitely planning on scooping up a few additional necessities for next time! Top of my shopping list? Floppy beach hat. (I'm leaning towards this one here (under $15!!!), although this one is pretty cute too!)

(All I needed was my pineapple float and a margarita to make me happy in Puerto Rico - but these other essentials came in handy, too!)

The number one new item on my list of essentials (and a total life saver on my trip) is this MoroccanOil After Sun Skin Milk. I tan fairly easily, and rarely burn as long as I'm diligent about sunscreen, but I've still been trying to really step up my skincare recently. It's hard for me, given that I have very sensitive skin and am allergic to most things, but this moisturizing lotion made my skin feel so restored and smooth after 8-hour days in the sun. Bonus? It smells amazing!

If you have sensitive skin like me, the best sunscreens are either Aveeno or Neutrogena. I never have any problems!

I of course try to keep a stack of books in my tote at all times, and you can find my favorite recent reads right here! I never go anywhere without my favorite sunnies from Madewell! If you're in the market for some new sunglasses, I did a round-up of all of my 2017 favorites last week. 













With all of these essentials in your tote and ready to hit the sandy shores with you, you'll no doubt have everything you need for the perfect vacay. Feel free to bring me with you, I'm seriously missing the sunshine right now!

post signature

7 comments

  1. Omg.... I LOVE those floaties. Those are so cute! Those bathing suits are also adorable. I am in need of a new bathing suit for the season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the pineapple one in Puerto Rico and it was so much fun! (although, I wish I'd know there wasn't a pump included...THAT was a project!) I'm doing a roundup of all of my favorite swimwear boutiques tomorrow, be sure to check it out!

      Delete
  2. So jealous! Reading this from the north east, we're in the process of getting 14 inches of snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're getting hit with a lot here in Chicago, too! Hope you're staying warm!

      Delete
  3. This is SO needed right now to remind me that the warm weather is coming!! Especially since I don't have any sunny trips planned til June, I really hope Chicago warms up soon!!

    XO, Kristi
    Kristi Means Business

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed that this little blizzard is the last of it, I'm ready for more beaches and swimsuits in my life!

      Delete
  4. love yuor guide! shoutout to the swan floatie! that is #1! :)

    ReplyDelete