College Graduation Gift Ideas for Him & Her! - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

College Graduation Gift Ideas for Him & Her!

The season is upon us again...how can it already be time for graduation?! Granted, that ceremony is no longer something that ever gets put up on my calendar beyond a few younger friends that I keep in touch with, but it's still that nagging reminder that yet another year has passed since I left the comfort zone of Oxford and Miami University and headed here to Chicago!

There is a lot of fuss over the whole celebration and event of graduating, particularly in college when so much change is about to occur. I didn't do anything particularly major when graduating college, but I certainly had my work cut out for me packing and shopping-wise. 

Some of the most sentimental and heart-felt gifts I ever received were on that occasion, and others were just so exciting to receive before heading off to decorate my very first apartment and enter the 9-5 world of career life. 

If you're struggling to find the perfect gift for the special guy or girl you know that is beginning the journey, I've rounded up all of my favorite finds for college graduation to suit any budget!






Luggage, Weekender Bags & Luggage Tags are all great gifts because it's one of those things that you really begin to need as you enter adulthood. No more borrowing from your parents old hand-me-down collection. Having your own set will have you ready to jet-set off to fun and exciting places!

Nice Pajamas, Robes & Slippers just feel a little more adult and put together than a ratty old T-shirt and sweats (although I totally still wear that the vast majority of the time!)

A great professional tote or messenger bag for work is an essential item. I ended up buying myself one upon graduating, and then received the Madewell Transport Tote a year later which I am in love with. I did a post sharing the best post-grad totes and bags for everyone, whether you head to the gym after work or carry a laptop all day long. This laptop case and ipad case are great options too! If you want to stay on the smaller side, it can't hurt to have a classy and chic business card holder for the world's newest young professional.

A little piece of home (or where you're going) is a great sentimental and meaningful gift. I have a coordinates necklace from Dalton that has the location of my college house, which also happens to be where we first met. I also have a gold print of Chicago to commemorate my first city on my own! (Minted has tons of great options!)

 Staying fit and healthy gets a little bit tougher when you're own your own and working full-time days. Having a great sound system, a fitness tracker and some new fitness gear to go from work to the gym all come in handy for that little bit of extra motivation.

1 comment

  1. These are such lovely ideas! I have already graduated last year, as have my friends, but I could definitely use these ideas for birthdays!

    Kim | Simply Lovebirds

    ReplyDelete