Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

How To Clean Your Converse!

Now that things have been warming up, I've been finding myself grabbing for my converse with nearly every outfit. It actually has me thinking that it might be time to grab a new pair of stylish sneakers or two like this pair or this pair.

They're so comfortable and great for wearing anywhere & everywhere, it's hard to reach for anything else! That being said, anyone who has ever owned converse (or any white sneaker, for that matter) knows how insanely easy it is to get them dirty!

Truth be told, I actually think it looks a tad strange when they're so sparkling white and unworn-looking, but mine have definitely seen better days and they were more than past due for a good cleaning. 

Fortunately, it actually couldn't have been easier to get them back to good as new! If you've been meaning to brighten yours up for a while, the process only takes a few minutes of effort and it is totally worth it. 


1. Grab some Oxyclean Max Force Gel - I used regular Oxyclean spray the first time around, and it worked just fine, but the gel stick is a lot easier to use (and requires a lot less scrubbing). Rub the Oxyclean on the toughest spots on the canvas, and any other bigger stains or mud scuffs. 

2. Put into Washer on Delicate. I threw mine in with two towels to keep them from banging around everywhere, and just a splash of laundry detergent. 

3. Let Air Dry. I've heard stories of people's shoes shrinking in the dryer, so I personally wouldn't recommend it. I stuck mine on the back porch for a few hours one afternoon and they were good as new - and sparkling bright white!

It's as simple as that really, and totally worth the minimal effort it takes to brighten those babies up, just in time for spring and summer!

2 comments

  1. Omg I need to do this. My white chucks are sooo dirty haha

    Enclothed Cognition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine look SO much better now! It didn't make them look as if they literally just came out of the box, but I think that would be impossible (and truthfully I think they're a little TOO white when they're brand new). Now mine are the perfect amount of clean!

      Delete