The Wanderlust Wish List for the 20-Something Girl on a Budget - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

The Wanderlust Wish List for the 20-Something Girl on a Budget

It’s no secret that I love to travel, and I’ve certainly indulged in a few of my dream trips since graduating. Some highlights include skiingin Breckenridge, exploring and surfing in Puerto Rico + Culebra Virgin Island, and New Orleans for Mardi Gras. That being said, there are still an endless list of places topping my list that I’m hoping to cross off in the next couple of years.

Of course, being that I’m not a celebrity or happen to be married to one, reality is the obvious factor disrupting all of my wanderlust goals. I still frequently get texts and emails from friends and readers asking how I could possibly find the time and budget to be taking all of these trips only in my first 2 years of graduating college!

I can assure you, there is no hidden trust fund or credit card debt secretly funding my travels. It’s all about being smart with how you travel – you can seriously save hundreds upon hundreds of dollars if you do it right. If you’d be interested in seeing a post on how you can make it happen for yourself, comment below or shoot me an email at prepessentails@gmail.com!

For now, I’m letting my bank account replenish itself from my most recent trips and adventures, and spending my down time building out my list of budget-friendly and travel-worthy places to visit in your 20s without totally blowing your savings account.

Here are all of the places I plan on traveling (or already have) before I turn 30!


Charleston
Ibiza
Belize
Croatia/Prague/Amalfi Coast
Puerto Rico
Turks & Caicos
Santa Barbara, CA
Austin, TX + Dallas, TX
New York City
Yacht Week
Kiawah Island, SC
Nantucket & Martha's Vineyard
Outer Banks, NC
Jackson Hole, Wyoming
San Francisco, CA + Malibu, CA
New Orleans, LA
Seattle, WA
Las Vegas
Denver, CO + Boulder, CO + Breckenride, CO
Boston, MA
Ottawa, Canada

I just recently returned from a trip out to New York (first time in a while!), and have tickets booked for the Outer Banks this summer which I am incredibly excited for. Fortunately, we have family and friends in a handful of these places, but the rest are going to remain on my wish list to hopefully cross off soon!

What have your been your favorite places to travel recently?!

2 comments

  1. Great list! This summer, I'm hoping to visit Nantucket, since I live in Connecticut and it could be a fun weekend trip!

    Kim | Simply Lovebirds

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to go to all these places. Charleston is the best. I love the energy of the city.

    http://goldclutter.com

    ReplyDelete