Weekend in NYC! - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Weekend in NYC!

I spent the past five days in New York City for the first time since I was 12 years old - talk about a whole different experience! I arrived Wednesday night for some work obligations on Thursday and Friday, and stayed through the weekend with some friends who live there. We had such an amazing time, I almost missed my flight because I wasn't ready to go home yet!

Despite the first two days being pretty rainy (from rain that quite literally followed me from Chicago), I got some good work done and was able to see my friends and squeeze in some dinner + drinks after work. By far my favorite meal of the weekend was a late dinner in the Lower East Side at a spot called Pizza Beach.

We split the Gnocchi and the Kale Salad, and paired it with the most delicious cocktail, ever. No seriously - I took a picture of the drink menu and interrogated the waiter to make sure that I could re-create this delicious concoction this summer - and as soon as I do, I'll be sure to share the recipe with you!


Friday night was a fairly relaxed evening with drinks on Stone street near my friend Dakota's office and a late dinner at a really fun little spot near her apartment called Felice, which also happens to have a really amazing happy hour menu and some delicious crostini choices as snacks. 

Saturday had a bit of a slow start, but we eventually migrated our way to AOC in Greenwich Village for a boozy brunch and to walk around perusing the shops and visiting Washington Square Park a little bit before heading back down to the Financial District to get ready for a night out with a group of friends! 







Sunday was by far my favorite day of the weekend, which contributed even more to my reluctance to pack up and head to the airport...we did a little shopping (and I got some great finds like this perfect green rain jacket and this cropped suede moto - both will be making appearances in some outfit posts very soon!)

We also squeezed in a visit to The Oculus, which is an absolutely incredible new structure alongside the World Trade Center Memorial. It's filled with stores, some food and treats, pop-up stalls, and a transit center as well. I loved the all-white theme and all of the windows - it was such a bright and open area.


 Afterwards, we wandered out by the water and walked along the paths there before topping off the afternoon with a late brunch at the famous Sarabeths in Tribeca where I had an incredibly delicious avocado + poached egg toast with burrata.



I'm already dying to plan another visit back, but don't want to get too crazy with filling up my travel schedule right now, so for now it will just be in the back of my mind until later on this summer. 

What are your favorite NYC spots? Are there any must-visit places on your list that I should make sure to hit next time I'm there?!

No comments