Your New Summer Shoe Staple! - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Your New Summer Shoe Staple!

I've mentioned a few times that shoes and I have never been anywhere close to a Carrie Bradshaw level of love...it took me until around age 21 to stop being petrified of shoes with any heel at all, and really start embracing any shoe that I can walk in (without falling down), regardless of heel height.

This, of course, was much to the concern of my parents, I'm sure, considering I'm not exactly considered the coordinated member of the family!

In the last year or so, I've really begun to realize how much the right shoe can make an outfit...and how much a comfortable shoe can make or break your day/night. We all love these warmer weather days for our ability to throw on any pair of sandals and head out the door, but lately I've been embracing a new shoe trend that has me eyeing tons of styles and hoping to add them to my collection!


The more I see people wearing slip on sneakers & espadrilles, the more I'm mentally putting together outfits from my wardrobe they'd look great with! I'm most definitely late to the game here, but that's no surprise considering it took me a full two years to finally buy my now-beloved Converse shoes (and another year after that to learn how to clean them!)

I've had my eye on so many different pairs of comfortable (yet chic) sneakers, slip-on shoes, and of course the spring staple shoe - espadrilles! Espadrilles pair so nicely with everything from casual to dressy, and I really think sneakers can take any casual and comfortable outfit to the next level. Not to mention they're great for all of my favorite summer activities like bike riding in the park or exploring the Lincoln Park Zoo! 

Here are some of the cutest ones that I've had my eye on lately...

Sneakers



Espadrilles




No comments