3 Easy + Delicious Memorial Day Recipes! - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

3 Easy + Delicious Memorial Day Recipes!

As I'm writing this, I'm finishing packing up my bags to finally head off to the Outer Banks for the weekend! I'm really looking forward to a week of relaxing and exploring with Dalton and his family - and their two adorable dogs, of course! 

We are staying in a house for the week, but I'm still not entirely sure what the kitchen//grocery situation will be, and I'm guessing we will likely be going out to eat more often than not, but I'm really hoping I might be able to swing by a little grocery store somewhere before Monday and pick up a handful of ingredients to whip up something sweet and simple to snack on for Memorial Day!

Whatever your Memorial Day plans are, it's always nice to add a little personal touch to bring to a host - or to serve up to your own guests! I rounded up a delicious (and easy) healthy appetizer, a sweet looking dessert, and some adorable mini skewers to cover all of the bases and top off your Memorial Day weekend with a bang!





Ingredients:
  • 1/2 seedless watermelon, cubed
  • 1 cup blueberries
  • 1/4 cup crumbled feta
  • chopped mint leaves (around 2tbsp)
  • 2-4 limes, juiced
Directions:
  • Combine the fruit, mint and berries in a bowl
  • Toss in the lime juice right before serving. 
It's that simple! 

I may have a slight caprese obsession, but it's just so delicious and refreshing in the spring and summer! My other favorite caprese-themed recipe is right here.


Ingredients:
  • Mini Mozzarella Balls (or regular caprese cut into bite-sized pieces)
  • Cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
  • Fresh basil leaves, cut in half
  • 1 cup balsamic vinegar
  • Toothpicks
  • Salt + Pepper
Directions:
  • Bring balsamic vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan, then lower to a simmer until it's a thin syrupy consistency (about 10 mins). Pour into a separate bowl and let cool.
  • Cut tomatoes in half. Put a mozzarella cheese ball, a basil leaf, and a tomato half onto a tooth pick. Repeat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and finally drizzle balsamic reduction on top. 



Ingredients:
  • 9x13-inch pan of Brownies (chilled and cut into 1-inch cubes)
  • 1 pint blueberries
  • 1 pint strawberries
  • Large marshmallows
  • Hot Fudge sauce for drizzling (optional)
  • Wooden Skewers
Directions:
  • Alternate threading fruit, brownies, and marshmallows onto a skewer. Drizzle entire plate with chocolate sauce and serve.

I hope one of these inspires you to whip up something tasty and delicious like I'm going to (attempt) to do - either way, I hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend! 

2 comments

  1. These are great ideas! Absolutely love the caprese skewers :)

    Enclothed Cognition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't those look amazing?! I could eat caprese every day, I swear. I think those will definitely be my go-to on Monday at the beach if I can get to a store with the ingredients!

      Delete