Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Essentials of the Week!

I gave myself a little mini-vacation today and wrote this post yesterday morning because as you're reading this, I am finally back in my hometown and ready for a long weekend of celebrating the most exciting two minutes of sports - the Kentucky Derby!

I was born and raised in Louisville, and you can't imagine what a fun time this is for my amazing little city. The weeks leading up to the Derby are filled with endless festivities, festivals, parades, parties, marathons, boat races...you get the picture. We like to drag this thing out as long as we can! 

Of course, I couldn't be there for all of the build-up this year, but after taking a couple of years off from the Derby I am beyond excited to be celebrating with all of my best friends from high school and showing Dalton his very first Derby! 

Dalton has been to Louisville with me a handful of times, but only for serious and important family matters, so we've never had a chance to explore the city. What better time than the best time of year?! 

Despite all of the excitement, I did still have a few things on my radar this week. Here are my essentials for this week:


1. I Always Cheer for the Underdog - I know, I know...Derby overload. I'm sorry! This story was too good not to share, though. Derby has had some pretty famous underdogs in its time, and it looks like we found ours for this year. How can you not cheer for this guy?? I know I will be. 

2. Eyes on Eyelet - The eyelet details on this tank are so adorable, but what really sold me is the subtle ruffle on the sleeves. I love how the ruffles take it away from a traditional tank, but the classic crisp white and feminine details overall make it a classic that you could wear a dozen ways. Plus it's a steal!

3. Sneak Preview on Broadway - I've mentioned a few times how excited I was when I heard that Anastasia was becoming a Musical on Broadway, and I loved getting to see this sneak peek into the show! Still working on finding a time to get back to NYC to go see it...

4. Craving Inspo - I'm constantly snacking throughout the workday, which makes sticking to my healthier lifestyle a lot tougher. I'm always saving lists like this for better, healthier snack options!

5. Sandals on Sale - I love finding great shoe sales on Nordstrom Rack, and I always seem to find shoes I was once coveting for full price on there at major steals. These Steve Madden sandals have been on my list for a while, and I couldn't resist snatching them up once I saw the price! 


No comments