Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Statement Earrings for Summer!

For the last few years, I've really been a huge fan of keeping my jewelry extremely simple. I usually rotate the same 3-4 pairs of studs, depending on the occasion, and repeat the same watch everyday with a mixture of bracelets or necklaces thrown in. I love the way that studs go with everything, and never distract from the outfit itself.

Lately, however, I've been really loving more simple outfit styles that need a pop of color with an accessory or statement piece of jewelry, and there is no better time than summer to play around with fun, bright and bold colors! 

Nothing beats white jeans, a simple top and a great pair of earrings and shoes to really pull a simple outfit together and make it complete. 


One thing I am definitely weary about when it comes to statement jewelry is that often times it can be very affordable...but that also often translates to cheap looking.



I don't want to spend too much on a piece that may be considered trendy and not long-lasting, but I also don't want something that will fall apart or look cheaply made, so there is a definite balance to consider!

I've definitely got my eye on this gold and pink pair as I think they're not insanely subtle or overly bright, but still add a great bit of detail and "texture" to a simple outfit.

Do any of you ever wear statement earrings, or do you keep it nice and simple like I normally do??

5 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the earrings you're wearing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girly! They're an old pair from Francescas, but I linked some similar favorites at the bottom!

      Delete
  3. I definitely wear studs the most but I also love switching it up and experimenting with fun colours and trends. If I do purchase more 'trendy earrings,' I won't buy expensive ones but will make sure they are still great quality which can be done. You may just have to look a little harder and read what they are made of before purchasing.
    - Berrz | http://beautybyberrz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these earrings! Now, onto dig through my MASSIVE collection to find if I already have something similar.. Haha x
    http://snufjk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete