Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

The Easiest Summer Appetizer

I have really started to love cooking no matter what season it is, but by far the most enjoyable time of year to cook in my opinion is the summer. I love looking up refreshing cocktail recipes, new things to try out on the grill, or all of the fun different summer salads and appetizers to bring whenever friends are getting together. 

Summer is great for a lot of reasons, but I think the best part is how many different (low-budget) activities you can do outside! I can't wait to have friends over for potluck dinner parties and grilling out together with a glass of wine on our patio. 

In case you're as summer-recipe crazy as I am, or if you have a potluck dinner of your own coming up, I have discovered an incredibly delicious (and unbelievably) easy recipe that will have everyone impressed! The best part? It takes less than 5 minutes to throw together!

                                                                                       Photo via

Nothing screams summer to me like a refreshing watermelon, and I'm all about finding different takes on Bruschetta or Caprese salads (basically, anything with Balsamic involved!) so when I stumbled upon these Watermelon Brie Bites I knew I had to give them a try immediately. 

They did not disappoint! The preparation couldn't have been easier, and they look appropriately fancy and delicious! A big criteria of appetizers for me, especially at a party, is that they're easy to eat in one bite and don't involve any additional mess. 

What You'll Need:
  • 1/2 of a Watermelon, Cut into slices (I bought the pre-sliced...no shame!)
  • 1/2 cup arugula leaves (I used the leftovers for a quick salad the next day!)
  • 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
  • 1/2 Brie Wheel
  • 3 Tbsp. Sugar
  • Toothpicks (optional, but less messy!)
Instructions:
  • Combine the balsamic and sugar in a small saucepan on medium heat. Allow it to come to a boil, then reduce it to a simmer until it is a thick, syrup consistency (takes about 12 minutes). Let it cool on the side and begin step 2 while you wait. 
  • On a serving tray or wooden platter, later the watermelon, arugula and brie. Drizzle with the syrup, hold together with a toothpick, and serve. 
That's really all there is to it! For more amazing summer recipes, you should check out My Suburban Kitchen, where I get a lot of my cooking inspiration from! Serve this up when you're short on time for your next summer soiree and you'll be a hit!

3 comments

  1. This looks amazing!! I must try this asap, feels like such a refreshing appetizer for the warm weather months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg these look SO GOOD. I'm def trying this out sometime this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to give these a try! They look unique and delicious.

    Erin

    ReplyDelete