Week In The Outer Banks: Packing List - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Week In The Outer Banks: Packing List

Growing up, I used to visit the Outer Banks and Hilton Head Island areas at least once per year. I have endless fond memories of exploring the islands and beaches there with my brother and friends, but haven't been back since I was 10 or 11!

That's why I'm especially excited that I'll be going to the Outer Banks at the end of this month for a week around Memorial Day Weekend - it will be so nice to be back, and to re-explore everything now that I'm an "adult". (It always feels weird to call myself that - I don't feel like an adult by any means!)

I haven't had the time to do a lot of research of the area we're heading to such as restaurants or cool spots that I want to be sure to find, but I'm sure as it gets closer and closer I'll be spending a lot of time doing that! I have had my eye on the weather, as I know that portion of the East Coast can be very up-and-down temperature-wise, especially when it's still this early in the year and we've had such crazy weather everywhere!


Thankfully, as of now it is looking like we're going to have pretty warm days, freezing water (of course), and slightly chillier nights, so I've gotten a head start on planning out my packing. I've gone into detail before on how I manage 'over packing' while still making everything fit snugly into only a carry-on bag, and a big part of this includes planning ahead of time! 

Like most girls, I'm a bit notorious for convincing myself that I'll need four outfit options per day, so I've been working on reigning myself in. Here are some of the ideas and outfits I'm planning on taking with me on the trip:


One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six (ON SALE!) | Seven | Eight

Nine | Ten | Eleven | Twelve | Thirteen | Fourteen | Fifteen | Sixteen

One of my biggest tips for packing light is to try to stick to a 2-3 color scheme rule (which works perfectly when you have a tendency to be a little obsessed with certain colors like navy, olive green and white like me!) 

Having accessories that will pair with any look such as cork, brown or gold also make for lighter packing and multiple outfits.

I can't wait to shoot some of these looks for you guys with some really exciting blog posts when I return!

1 comment

  1. I love the olive colored dress. It's perfect for Summer.

    http://goldclutter.com

    ReplyDelete