2 Documentary Recommendations - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

2 Documentary Recommendations

I always flip-flop on my love for documentaries. I really thoroughly enjoy them, but I'm extremely picky about which ones I watch and I have to be in the right mood and mindset to watch one and truly pay attention.

Dalton, of course, exclusively wants to watch them, so these days I've been watching more than I would normally agree to. Followed by several hours binge-watching what he calls my "brain melting" shows like the Kardashians...guilty pleasures!

I have found a few documentaries lately that I absolutely loved from beginning to end, and knew I had to share them with everyone in case anyone else has been looking for a great movie to watch. Personally, there's nothing I love more than curling up on my patio with a glass of wine and a book or a good movie. Gotta love these summer nights!

These are both available on Netflix, too!


Naledi | I picked this one out after watching the trailer (and after some prompting by one of my best friends who is positively obsessed with elephants). It's a true story about an absolutely adorable baby elephant named Naledi who was born into a rescue camp and becomes orphaned when she's still just a baby. It unveils the relationships she had with the men who look after her, and the decisions they make to try and save her life. It's a super moving tale, but I also loved it for not being too heavy or political (I tend to avoid those types of documentaries, they stress me out!)

Elephants are such incredibly intelligent and wise animals, and I really think they're a species that we don't understand or know as much about as we should. Highly recommend this pick!

Audrie & Daisy | This one is definitely more on a serious note, but it was such a powerful documentary and really well done. There has been a huge rise in talk about bullying, particularly in high schools, recently across the media from documentaries like this one and shows such as 13 Reasons Why (which was actually an incredible book, and I highly recommend it!) I could not believe some of the things these girls and their families went to, and the extremes of it all. I watched it three separate times just to pay close attention to each of the different stories, and it is absolutely worth watching.

As for me, I'm closing down my laptop for the night and heading to my patio for some of that outdoor reading with wine I was talking about earlier...but hopefully I'll have some more documentaries to recommend soon!

5 comments

  1. Ohh I haven't seen either of these! Brandon is a HUGE documentary fan. He'll be happy to know about these suggestions :)

    Katherine | www.oneswainkycouple.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is it with guys and documentaries?! Glad I could help you find a few new ones!

      Delete
  2. These both sound super good! I'm a documentary junkie so I'll definitely check them out. I graduate this weekend (YAY!) so I will finally have time again for fun stuff! Whoa, I feel a Netflix binge coming... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your graduation!! That's so exciting! I have a feeling I'll be watching even more documentaries once Dalton moves here next month, so I'm sure I'll have some more recommendations for you soon!

      Delete
  3. I am obsessed with documentaries and I am always looking for suggestions! Can't wait to watch both of these :)

    ReplyDelete