Essentials of the Week! - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Essentials of the Week!

Happy Friday, everyone! More importantly, Happy 4th of July weekend! I know the holiday is a little weird this year because 4th of July is on a Tuesday, but for those of you (us) that are fortunate enough to have Monday off too, this nice long weekend is just what the doctor ordered!

I'm writing this from my parents house in Traverse City, Michigan and I am so excited to be here! I love coming up here in the summer, especially for the 4th of July because there is so much going on and an endless stream of activities and events. 

It's (somehow) also Dalton's first time being up here, so I'm extra excited to show him around. I hope you have something fun planned for the holiday weekend, too!

Here are my essentials from this week:


1. Tear-Jerker Talent | I've definitely developed a MAJOR obsession with watching the recap videos of the best performances on America's Got Talent. I've never been a big viewer or fan of the talent or competition shows, but the quick recaps are a new guilty pleasure of mine. This video though...HOLY. TEARS.This sweet little girl has such a beautiful voice, and her story was so sad - definitely have tissues nearby before watching!

2. The Thrill of the Chase | I couldn't stop laughing at this adorable video of a baby elephant trying to play with the animals around him. It also reminded me SO much of when Wrigley is chasing Rufus all over the yard - I'm not sure he's always loving having a little brother pup hanging around!

3. Summer Striped Tank | I LOVED this high neck striped tank when I saw it in the store recently, and it's been on my mind ever since! I'm somewhat considering starting to limit how many striped or blue & white items I'm allowed to own...but who am I kidding, I'm going to end up throwing this in the cart for the rest of summer!

4. Become the Top Intern | Internship season is in full swing, and there are about a million different tidbits of advice and tips that people tend to dole out when it comes to internships, but in reality, the most successful interns boil things down to a few key characteristics. Make sure you're paying attention to the right details!

5. Casual Comfy Shorts for Summer | Shorts are always tricky for me because of my height (I'm 5'10") and I'm always too afraid to find a pair that's too short OR too tight, because my legs are also pretty athletic from playing sports my entire life. That's why I LOVED the longer length of these, and how casual and flowy they are - perfect for throwing on to run errands, or to dress up and wear to brunch! 

No comments