The Perfect Casual Summer Dress for Weekends! - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

The Perfect Casual Summer Dress for Weekends!

If you've been paying attention to my posts lately, you may have noticed a bit of an olive theme going on...what can I say, it's the perfect color! I love that you can wear it in all four seasons and it will always look different.


I've recently been wearing this casual dress from day to night, and I have never gotten so many compliments on an outfit before! It's been a huge hit, and I can't wait to find more ways to wear it. 



I will admit - it's not the longest dress I've ever owned. This is definitely a problem I encounter a lot, considering I'm 5'10" and the height comes from my torso and my legs...but after counseling several friends about it, we decided it's just at the length I can still get away with. Any shorter and we'd have some major problems!

I'm definitely a fan of pairing olive green with brown leather accessories and shoes - something about them just pairs perfectly, don't you think?


I have to take a second to talk about these shoes. GUYS - these shoes. I am so in love. They are the first pair of heeled shoes I've ever loved this much, and I genuinely wear them more than any other sandal. They're insanely comfortable, and just as easy to walk in as a flat shoe. They took no time to break in, and I've been wearing them with everything! 


PLUS - they're on sale...and you just can't beat the price. Grab them before they're gone!

I realized recently while shopping that I haven't gotten a new cross-body purse since early college...and they certainly have seen better days. I was so excited when I found this pretty grey one at Nordstrom Rack - the perfect price point, and I knew it would pair with just about everything!


They're sold out right now of the color I have, but I did find it in this color on sale! I also came really close to getting this one instead, and they still have a ton left in plenty of colors, too. 


PS - the dress also comes in a few other colors - I personally think the plum is gorgeous, but it also comes in grey and black

Shop the Look:

No comments