The Perfect Summer Dress - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

The Perfect Summer Dress

Now that I'm getting older (still young, but not getting any younger!) I've really started trying to focus more on protecting and taking care of my body - especially my skin. I recently discovered an adorable brand perfect for the summer + beach vacations that helps you be mindful of that! 

I've always been able to tan pretty easily, and rarely get sunburnt, so I wouldn't place myself in the fair skin category by any means. That being said, there are definitely days where I want to have a little bit of extra protection, and I couldn't believe that there are actually fabrics out there that are specifically designed to work like a sunscreen!


Dress (c/o) | Jack Rogers | Sunglasses | Earrings | Watch | Ring

I was especially excited to discover Cabana Life right before our trip to the Outer Banks last week, because the tops & dresses are so incredibly cute. I loved all of the patterns and colors, it took me forever to decide which ones were my favorites!


They're ten times better in person. I was a little bit wary about what the UPF fabric would actually feel like, but let me tell you - it is insanely soft. The dress in these pictures ended up being my major staple for the entire trip, and I never wanted to take it off!


The fabric is incredibly light and airy, so it was super breathable despite some seriously humid days that we were battling throughout the trip.

PS - in the interest of full disclosure, I did receive some products c/o Cabana Life prior to my trip, but I was in now way obligated to write a post or advocate on their behalf. I genuinely love and fully support this brand and these products - as with all things you will find on Prep Essentials!



Another staple for the duration of my trip? These gorgeous Jack Rogers I finally scooped up during a Rue-La-La sale earlier this spring. I got so many compliments on them, and they thankfully didn't have any of the "breaking-in period" I've heard some Jack Rogers shoes can inflict. 




I'm definitely not planning on heading to the beach anytime soon without at least a few Cabana Life pieces in tow. The light and airy fabric had me totally sold, and despite my ability to get a solid tan during this trip, I never once got a bit of burn - and I fully attribute that to a combination of dutiful sunscreen application and covering up on days we were walking around the island with their UPF clothes.




I mean, how cute is this fabric, right?! I was also a huge fan of this print for the same dress. Too adorable.







Shop the Post:



No comments