Essentials of the Week! - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Essentials of the Week!

It feels beyond confusing that today is Friday, given that I got back from Michigan on Wednesday night and feel as if the week is just starting...but hey, I'll take it! Short weeks always end up feeling like a second vacation to me (although I didn't get anywhere close to catching up on work from our week in Traverse City). 

We had SUCH an amazing week up there with my family, and I'm so sad that we had to come back to reality. The weather, the town, the activities, my family, and of course - the puppies - all combined to create a really picture-perfect week away. 

The small silver lining is that I didn't have to say goodbye to Dalton (for once) at the end of the trip, because he headed back to Chicago with me for some job interviews and he will be back next week...FOR GOOD! Can't even describe how excited we are to be living in the same city again. 

Here are my essentials from this whirlwind of a week!


1. The Best Packing Tips...Really | If you're using your summer to cross off some of those bucket list adventures, or just have a lot of fun weekends away planned with friends, you definitely need to check this out. I truthfully consider myself one of the better packers I know (I've been living in and out of suitcases since I was 5) and I still found some of these to be incredibly useful!

2. My Favorite Summer Movie of All Time | So, this one is a little more random, but I could not resist bringing it up. It blew my mind when I found out that only one of my friends saw this movie! It's from 1995, and I could watch it a million times and never get tired of it. It's the perfect summer movie to watch with your friends, and it's such a fun throwback from the soundtrack to the actresses (like the little girl from Hocus Pocus!). SO worth watching if you're looking for a summer flick. 

3. My Favorite (Under $30!) Aviators | I've been getting so many questions about the gold mirrored aviators seen in my last few Instagrams (here and here!) and wanted to put them on essentials of the week in case anyone else was curious! I love them, and they're so affordable that you just can't say no! 

4.The Ultimate Summer Song(s) | I pretty much have music playing every minute of the day. Silence drives me absolutely insane, and I'm so much more relaxed and comfortable if I have background noise while I do pretty much anything and everything. This video is long, but it's so perfect for summer, and I've been leaving it playing in the background all week! 

5. Pops of Color for Summer | I frankly have zero business buying anymore nail polish for a while...I have the biggest Essie collection of anyone I know (and it's beginning to look a bit like a nail salon - yikes) but I am loving the new summer colors they released. Maybe just one or two?!

1 comment

  1. Ooo yes to the new Essie colors! Nail polish is a great way to add some color to a look :)

    Enclothed Cognition

    ReplyDelete