Michigan Winery Tour + Gorgeous Blue Top for Summer! - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Michigan Winery Tour + Gorgeous Blue Top for Summer!

After writing up a recap of our trip to Traverse City, Michigan, I realized that there was an entire blog post's worth of content just from our incredible Sunday of strawberry & lavender picking followed by a tour of a handful of wineries.

Traverse City has a literally never-ending list of fun activities and things to explore, but one thing I am sure to never miss whenever I return are some of my favorite winery tours and tastings. Although my parents often already own bottles of the wines, we almost always find a new bottle or two that's been added to the collection worth bringing home!


Eyelet Top (runs TTS, but can be tighter in the chest so size up if you have a largest chest!) | Distressed White Denim Shorts | Jack Rogers Sandals | Gold Aviators (only $29!) | Gold Ring | Coordinates Necklace | Earrings | Watch

We started the day out at the Brys Estate Winery, and realized upon pulling in that they have a new section called the Secret Garden with fresh strawberries, fields upon fields of fresh lavender, and fresh flowers that you can pick yourself and take home! We couldn't resist, obviously.




The little store had absolutely everything, and the side patio had me wishing we could lounge around and smell the lavender all day long.



I can't even begin to describe the smell that surrounds you if you walk down the rows of fresh lavender, but if you ever find yourself in a position to try it out, be sure to do it!


What made the day even more fun (for me) was a chance to wear this pretty blue blouse I had just picked up before the trip! The eyelet detailing is so fun and summery, and kept me from being too hot all day long in the sun.


It is honestly a miracle that little basket of berries made it home without being eaten entirely by me!

The Brys Estate Vineyard & Winery has an incredible patio and view where you can stop for drinks and cheese plates - I highly recommend if if you're ever in the area! You can find it on the Old Mission Peninsula. 


I couldn't stop staring at the blue bay and the endless rows in the vineyard.

The main entrance to the winery and tasting tour


Dalton isn't a wine drinker, but this was step one in remedying that for sure! He even got a glass of their new rosé with me on the patio before we headed out.


The eyelet detailing on this top is so perfect and cute, it really speaks for itself. The Carolina blue color is what really sold me, though. Safe to say this is not the only item in my closet this shade of blue, and it certainly won't be the last!


I paired the top with my favorite high-waisted white distressed shorts, which in retrospect may have been a questionable move considering I was weaving my way through bushes of strawberries...but I somehow managed to get out unscathed. 

Here's hoping we can find the time to get back up there towards the end of the summer, because we still have a long way to go with getting Dalton to drink wine (and I obviously wouldn't mind some more, either!)

Shop the Look:


2 comments

  1. Aww looks like such a lovely day :) Love the blouse you wore too!

    Enclothed Cognition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was, I can't wait to go back! Thanks girl!

      Delete