Essentials of the Week! - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Essentials of the Week!

I'm writing this in a pretty great mood right now because my weekend started early this week! I took the day off of work tomorrow because for Dalton's birthday we got tickets to the Cubs game. I might be the worst Chicagoan ever...I've lived here 2.5 years (3 summers, total) and I have only been to one. single. Cubs game.

Don't get me wrong, of course I watched the entire World Series and a lot of last season along with the rest of the city, but I never actually go to the games! Hopefully now that Dalton is here I'll be making more appearances at them, and I can't wait for tomorrow!

On top of that, this week has been possibly my worst of 2017 so far in terms of staying on routine. I repeatedly skipped/missed work out classes, haven't been sleeping great, and really have fallen off track with some of my healthy eating. Today was day one to get back on track though!

Does anyone else just have those weeks where you can't seem to stay on top of it for even one single day?!

Here are my essentials from this crazy week!

A snap from our brunch last weekend because I'm already plotting what I'll order there before the game tomorrow! #GuiltyPleasures

1. The Greatest News to Hit Dessert Menus Everywhere | It took me a little while to get on the Macaron train like everyone else a few years back, but man I am on it now, and these look seriously unreal. Now I just need to figure out where I can try one!

2. All of the Warm & Fuzzies | I am a HUGE fan of short films, especially the Pixar ones. This one isn't Pixar, but it may as well be. I couldn't take my eyes off of it, and was so visibly expressing my emotions while I watched that Dalton kept asking me what on Earth I was looking at that had me smiling so big. If you watch one thing this week, make it this, please. 

3. Oversized & Just Right for Fall | I've always been a fan of my little trusty cropped jean jacket, but this oversized one has me seriously wishing I could justify buying both. (Having 2 jean jackets just seems silly, no?) I would love to pair this with so many fall oversized sweaters or fun dresses.

4. If You're In the Mood for Happy Tears | Confession - I have never once ever cried, happy or sad, from a movie or video. Or a book, or a song. Maybe I have a heart of stone? Marley & Me came very close, I swear. This video had a good run for it, too...these vows are insanely adorable and this video is so well done! *Cue me bookmarking the name of the video team for 200 years from now when I need it*

No comments